What's QuickBooks error PS077 and How can you Fix it?
As the tax season starts, more and more users are using QuickBooks payroll services. With this, Intuit QuickBooks community is flooded with QuickBooks payroll errors. The most common error that is interrupting users is QuickBooks error PS077.
As the tax season starts, more and more users are using QuickBooks payroll services. With this, Intuit QuickBooks community is flooded with QuickBooks payroll errors. The most common error that is interrupting users is QuickBooks error PS077. It arises when a user tries to download the latest payroll update in QuickBooks. ”QuickBooks having trouble installing payroll tax table update” message pops up on the screen when the error triggers. The error usually occurs due to data damage and inappropriate User Account Control (UAC) settings. This blog will give an overview of QuickBooks payroll update error PS077, its causes, and troubleshooting methods.
If you need expert’s guidance to resolve QuickBooks error PS077, call us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Main causes of QuickBooks payroll update error PS077
Down below is the list of common factors responsible for the payroll error. Take a glance before proceeding further:
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not registered.
- There might be some damage to QuickBooks.
- You have not entered the correct service info while registering QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is corrupt or incomplete.
Go through the next section of the article for troubleshooting techniques to fix the error.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Desktop error PS077
The following troubleshooting methods are tried and proven to resolve the issue:
Method 1. Give a new name to CPS folder
A damaged file in the CPS folder can lead to errors in QuickBooks. To repair the damage, rename the folder using the steps given below:
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys together.
- Once it opens, select This PC from the left menu.
- Open Local Disk C, program files, and then the Intuit folder.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop folder of the version you’re using and open it.
- Choose Components and then the Payroll folder.
- To rename the CPS folder, right-click it and choose Rename.
- Name the folder as CPSOLD.
- Now, start QuickBooks and create a new CPS folder.
- Get the latest payroll tax table.
If changing the folder’s name didn’t fix the error, try the next method.
You may also Read :QuickBooks error ps038
Method 2. Register QuickBooks and download its latest release
You cannot run QuickBooks and update it if your software is not registered. To register your QuickBooks Desktop application and download the update. Follow the steps given below:
- Open QuickBooks, tap the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Adjacent to the license number, confirm if it says Activated.
- If it doesn’t show Activated, you need to register QuickBooks.
- After completing the registration process, download the latest QuickBooks Desktop update by Intuit. Here’s how:
- Close all open company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Click the Windows Start menu, locate QuickBooks Desktop, then right-click its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and when directed to the No Company Open screen, select the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and then the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then the Save button.
- Next, move to the Update Now tab and make sure the Reset Update checkbox is selected.
- To download the update file, click Get Updates.
- Once the file downloads completely, open QuickBooks and install the update.
- Restart your device.
If the same error persists, move on to the next method.
Method 3. Make sure you don’t have any duplicate copies of QuickBooks
You should not have more than one installation of each QuickBooks Desktop version on your workstation. To check this,
- Open the Run command by tapping the Windows and R keys.
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Click Uninstall a Program, go through the list and ensure you have only one version of each QuickBooks version.
- If you see multiple files of the same QuickBooks version, click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompt steps to completely uninstall the program.
- Try to download the latest payroll tax table.
If the payroll error continues, proceed to the next method.
Method 4. Run Quick Fix my Program to repair QuickBooks
The Quick Fix my Program tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub is designed to resolve common program issues with QuickBooks. You need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device to run the tool. If not, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure QuickBooks company files are closed.
- Exit QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Save the downloaded file to the Downloads folder so you can easily find it.
- Open the Downloads folder and then the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- To install the tool hub, follow the on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Move to desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Once it opens, choose Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and let it repair QuickBooks.
If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the error, follow the next method.
Method 5. Configure User Account Control settings
UAC increases security and protects the operating system from the attack of viruses. Such high protection can prevent users from downloading the payroll update file, causing the error. To change this:
- Tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- When the Run dialog box opens, write Control Panel and click OK.
- Choose User Accounts and then User Accounts (Classic View).
- Select the Change user account control settings option.
- To turn off UAC, move the slider to Never Notify and click OK.
- At last, restart your device.
If none of the methods discussed above works, try to run the reboot.bat file and clean install QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
We know how important it is for you to resolve QuickBooks error PS077. That’s why we have provided you with the most effective methods to fix the issue. If the error continues, even after following the steps, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error ps107